- PCI Compliance – Constant Audit and P.I. issues
- Transactions measured in microseconds – Application speed is critical to core functionality and profitability
- 3rd Party Software – Numerous apps that you have minimal control over
Financial Services Firm With over $1 Trillion in Assets
- A query *MUST RUN* weekly took over 48 hours to run and failed often. This caused pain top to bottom (including pulling the CEO in when it failed).
- By tuning this query properly we were able to reduce this down to 27 seconds from 48+ hours and reduce crashing to almost zero.
- These changes took only a few days to diagnose, test, and implement.
- Now this is a TOOL that increases productivity and profit instead of an auditing problem and pain point.
What should you be doing?
Best Practices in Your DB Environment
- Backups and Restores -> With FREQUENT checks that these work
- Run Your Maintenance Jobs and VALIDATE them
- Always Review Code
- Keep your team from being overworked
- ENCRYPTION AT REST AND IN MOTION
Doing the above will help ensure your audit go smoothly
We can augment your team